COMMUNITY STRONG 2015:
Voices of Veterans
2nd Annual Long Island Symposium
Dedicated to Supporting Military Members, Veterans, and Families
For our Military and Veteran attendees:
On-the-spot information from experts and providers who can offer Guidance and Advocacy to veterans and family members. Inspiring stories from fellow veterans. Symposium is FREE for Veterans, Military, and their Families
For students and service providers:
Practical information and techniques for engaging and supporting Veterans. Direct feedback and stories from Veterans in the community.
We have another accomplished and varied Agenda for the symposium this year. Highlights include:
- Keynote Address by the Honorable John J Toomey- Suffolk County Veterans Treatment Court
- Keynote Plenary Panel featuring Veterans discussing the use of the arts in their expression and understanding of their military experiences.
- Presentation of the Community Strong 2015 Military and Civilian Awards for individuals making a significant impact in our Military and Veteran communities on Long Island
- Live performance of Leaving Theater- a choreographed performance based on the reintegration experiences of Veterans, and featuring an interactive conversation with the audience around transitional challenges faced by many Veterans.
- A Town Hall conversation, allowing all in attendance to have voice as to their thoughts and experiences with how we, as a community, are supporting our service members, veterans, and military families on Long Island. This Town Hall will feature a panel of local leaders in the veteran support community, and will lead to specific recommendation that we will bring forward to make improvement and fill gaps where indicated.
Register for the event here: www.communitystrong.ezregister.com
720 Northern Blvd
Greenvale, NY 11548
Google map and directions