Compassion Fatigue & Meditation and Stress Management – Open to Clinicians, Veterans, Family Members, Caregivers, Veteran Service Providers, Peer Facilitators, Civilian Supporters
The Veterans Health Alliance of Long Island and the Long Island Community Foundation are proud to offer an opportunity for you to expand your knowledge in specific wellness focused treatment interventions that are available for use with a veteran population.
At the completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify the symptoms of compassion fatigue.
- Understand the difference between compassion fatigue and burn-out.
- Take corrective measures if compassion fatigue occurs.
- Identify strategies to enhance clinician’s self-care.
During this workshop participants will be instructed in the use of Psychophysiological Techniques. This will be an experiential workshop.
- Breathing Techniques
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Guided Imagery
- Meditation Techniques
This workshop will also address how to integrate these techniques into the session and help clients overcome resistance towards Meditation and Relaxation techniques.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
100 Veterans Memorial Hwy
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Google map and directions