The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) offers free tax help for low to moderate income (generally $55,000 and below) individuals and families on March 11, 10am-4pm. Free Tax preparation will be provided by Bethpage Federal Credit Union-IRS Certified Volunteers. Veterans of all ages will be served.
To register, contact Carol Wirth 631-661-3930, ext 2.
What to Bring:
- Copy of the previous year’s tax return
- Picture ID (driver’s license)
- All income documents: W-2, 1099, 1098 - any other documents showing additional income
- All Forms 1095- Health Ins. Statements
- Information for credits that you are claiming (Student loan interest, Education credit)
- Social Security card (or ITIN) for you, your spouse and dependents
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Other applicable tax-related documents, such as: interest statements, federal loan documents, retirement statements, list of organizations to which you made charitable donations, etc.
- Blank check (to verify direct deposit information for your refund)
100 W Main St
Babylon, NY 11702
Google map and directions