The goal of VetsBuild Long Island is to help Long Island Veterans find jobs in the high growth, high demand Green Industry.
United Veterans Beacon House together with United Way offers a free 5-week training program including a 10-Hour OSHA certification: green building, HVAC, Property maintenance, retro fitting, weatherization.
Veterans must present a DD214 or Active orders from the Reserve or Guard presently.
Long Island VetsBuild course covers the following topics and more:
1. Basic training in weatherization and energy efficiency in the emerging green industry field;
2. Ten hour entry level OSHA training program educating the green workforce safety at the worksite and on the project.
3. Learn to build and rebuild correctly - Build the Long Island home right and build the Long Island home tight, and do no harm.
4. Classroom instruction by two BPI certified experts at United Way's E3 Training Center (energy - efficiency - education), a state of the art facility equipped with the latest technology and mechanical heating and cooling systems in efficiency integrated with renewable energy to provide VetsBuild students with hands on training;
5. Preparation for job opportunities in the high demand Long Island weatherization industry;
6. One on one job counseling;
7. VetsBuild graduates interested in career in weatherization are provided information about advanced training options;
8. New York State Department of Labor in Suffolk County assistance in resume writing.
Contact Deanna Dentici for more information:
United Veterans Beacon House