2018 NYC Veterans Day Parade Application is now available online. The honored branch of service is the US Army and it will be the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI.
You may also volunteer to support the parade.
The goal is to better serve all groups participating in the Parade. In order to ensure timely completion and distribution of Line of March and Assembly information, United War Veterans Council is requesting that groups who want to march apply as early as possible.
Click on the link here to access the application and follow the directions carefully.
Volunteer as parade staff here.
The volunteer positions available (you can request a position, but no guarantees):
- Help with Twitter and Facebook social media at parade start or finish, 10am-4pm, (non-marcher)
- VIP and Media check-in/Mayor Breakfast, VIP and family escort during the parade, 8am-3pm, (non-marcher)
- Set-up opening ceremony, tents, grandstand, library, break down opening ceremony, 6am-12pm (can march)
- Break down tents, grandstand, library, 2pm-finish (and go to the party), (can march with other orgs)
- Marshals/Gatekeepers/People Movers (organizing the 25,000 marchers to get on and off the parade route), 8am-4pm, (possible to march in the parade)
Please register early, and share the opportunity.