Sisters in the Brotherhood offers a Pre-Apprentice Program, which can lead to a five-year apprenticeship program with the carpenters union allowing you to earn while you learn. The Sisters are particularly supportive of women, minorities, and veterans who never thought about carpentry as a career.
• Searching for a career?
• Enjoy working with your hands and seeing the results?
• Looking for excellent pay and learning new skills?
The Pre-Apprentice Program allows for a trial period to find out if carpentry fits your career path.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• High school graduate or equivalent recognized by local school authorities. Please bring a copy of your high school transcript, GED and/or college transcripts with you.
• Physically able to perform work (stand, lift, bend).
• Drivers license and reliable transportation to and from job sites and school.
• Willing to submit to and pass a drug test upon acceptance.
• If applicant is a veteran, a copy of DD-214 is required.
For more information or to sign up for a session, contact Nicole Grodner at Ngrodner@nercc.org or 631-620-1217.