Battle Buddy Bridge (B3) is a program developed by Volunteers of America to provide services and opportunities to military veterans and their families. Launched in late 2012, B3 trains and certifies veterans as peer support specialists and resource navigators (“Battle Buddies”) who assist other veterans and families in need of resources such as housing, health care, family support, education, employment, legal services, and benefits assistance.
• Complete the referral form.
• Attend an orientation/interview.
• Commit to five full days of training.
• Take an open book test in the confines of your home after the training.
• Commit to working with veteran/s as a Peer Specialist for six to eight weeks.
• Attend graduation ceremony
Battle Buddies are divided into squads according to the cohort they were trained with. Battle Buddies work under the direct supervision of squad leaders with oversight by a platoon leader.
The next class is May 13-17.
For More Information, contact Sharmin Prince.
Email: [email protected]
Volunteers of America - GNY | 3934 Broadway | New York, NY