The NYPD offers Police Officer Exams November 1 - December 14, 2019.
You must pre-register for the exam.
Additional benefits available to military veterans include:
- Veterans can earn GI Bill benefits in addition to their salary during their first two years.
- Police Officer Exam scores are kept on file indefinitely. Upon leaving the U.S. Armed Forces, veterans have 6 months to start the hiring process.
- Veterans can add 4 years to the maximum hiring age, or 6 years if they served during war or national emergency. This applies only to veterans under age 40.
- Veterans can buy back three years of their military time to be applied to their NYPD retirement.
- Officers who are active reservists are allowed 30 paid military days per year, in addition to their vacation time.
Call 212-RECRUIT or visit NYPDRECRUIT.COM for more information.