As of March 30, 2020 access to Fort Hamilton for shopping at the PX and Commissary has been granted to retirees and veterans with privileges.
In an effort to protect all patrons, minimize crowds and mitigate the spread of COVID 19, Ft Hamilton put the following precautionary measures in place for retirees and veterans:
1) They implemented an even/odd license plate system for access to the installation for shopping at the PX and Commissary. For license plates ending in even numbers or letters - access will be granted on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. For license plates ending in odd numbers or zeros - access will be granted on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
2) Only authorized patrons will be granted access through the Access Control Point. Guests will not be permitted beyond the gate.
3) They have implemented COVID 19 medical screening procedures upon ID check at the gate. Anyone with fever beyond 100.4 will be turned away to seek care from their medical provider.
4) Hours authorized for shopping at Commissary are Tuesday - Saturday, 11am-7pm; Sunday, 11am-6pm; closed Monday. The PX is open 11am-6pm.
5) There are limitations placed on certain items in the commissary to ensure all patrons will be able to purchase.
6) There are cleaning teams going through the commissary daily to sanitize and clean.
7) Fitness Center is not open at this time.
They have implemented these measures to allow retirees and veterans access while still ensuring we can protect everyone through social distancing to help stop the spread of this disease.
As we face this global Public Health Emergency, the US Army's mission remains the same: to maintain operational readiness and to protect the health and safety of our community. They encourage all personnel to follow the guidance issues by the CDC to prevent the spread of COVID-19. It is important we maintain readiness and able to support whole-government efforts as tasked.
Director, Public Affairs
US Army Garrison Fort Hamilton