Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Elizabeth Dole Foundation (EDF), and the American Red Cross Military Veteran Caregiver Network (MVCN) are providing free one-year Premium LinkedIn Subscriptions to veterans and their caregivers. Donated by LinkedIn, the free premium subscriptions will help you get noticed by recruiters, build out a network, stay in the know on new jobs that fit your skills, and apply for new opportunities.
In addition, LinkedIn offers a free year of unlimited access to over 15,000 business, creative, and technology courses. The courses are all taught by industry experts through the LinkedIn Learning platform.
Learn more here: www.linkedin.com/military.
LinkedIn has created two learning paths:
- Transition from Military to Civilian Employment: This learning path will help you navigate job searches, build a professional identity, prepare for interviews, negotiate salaries, and more.
- Transition from Military to Student Life: Covers everything from ACT/SAT/GRE test prep to essay writing, study skills, time management tips, and how to land an internship. This learning path propels veterans to success – graduation and beyond.
To make the most of LinkedIn, use these resources:
- LinkedIn for Veterans: This course provides a “LinkedIn 101” tutorial for everything from selecting and uploading the right picture to searching and applying for jobs.
- Translating Your Military Skills to Civilian Employment: This course will help veterans understand the civilian hiring process and empower them to demonstrate their best self to potential employers.
- Finding Your Purpose After Active Duty: This course is all about the intangibles of transition – understanding the veteran’s value to civilian employers, dealing with the uncertainty of transition, and more.