The New York City School Support Service provides custodial support to the New York City Public Schools. Our goal is to provide these services professionally to ensure each public school facility meets every child’s needs.
Under direct supervision, cleaners perform routine cleaning and maintenance tasks. Cleaners are responsible for the cleanliness of a section of a school building and care of outside grounds assigned to them, and during school recesses, may perform unskilled maintenance tasks.
Pay rate is $20/hr, 35-40 hrs per week. $135 Mandatory Fingerprint fee & background check. Multiple positions available.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Empties waste baskets and removes trash, dusts, handles towels and other cleaning supplies, washes walls, windows and blackboards, and assists in transporting supplies and equipment.
- Sweeps, mops, waxes, strips, seals, finishes and polishes floors using related equipment as required.
- Steam-cleans, shampoos and vacuums carpets.
- Cleans and polishes furniture and fixtures.
- Sets up, arranges and removes furniture for special affairs.
- Secures windows and doors after cleaning assigned areas.
- Mows and trims lawns and shrubbery, rakes leaves, removes snow and ice, and clears debris from school grounds
Register online with Workforce1 to receive their Priority 1 Services and apply for these positions. While filling out the application, please state that you a Veteran or Spouse of a veteran. Once completed email the confirmation number to Veteran Specialist Anthony Benson.
Anthony Benson, Veteran Specialist
Upper Manhattan Workforce1 Career Center