Volunteers of America - Greater New York are recruiting for a Peer Specialist for their SSVF program.
This full-time position pays $35,000/yr.
The Peer Specialist will assist the program in providing treatment services by engaging clients to further their acceptance of services and aids staff in understanding the clients’ issues. Along with the team as a whole, provides follow up services to assure compliance with the service plan. Acts as a role model for the population serviced.
A High School Diploma or General Equivalency. Life experience with the service systems utilized by the target population.
1. Assist the team in giving clients information about the program and it’s benefits.
2. Assist with obtaining necessary client information to ensure appropriate services.
3. Participate in case conferences, schedule appointments for clients and follow-up on appointment attendance.
4. Facilitate or co-facilitate groups and workshops.
5. Escort clients to appointments/referrals and assist with transportation.
6. Performs related duties as requested.
Sany Iniguez | Employment Coordinator
Volunteers of America-Greater New York | firstname.lastname@example.org
349 East 149th Street Bronx, Suite 802, NY 10451
T: 718-993-3564, ext 1002 | C: 646-236-0079 | F: 646-357-3060