Blue Star Families has partnered with the Institute for Veterans and Military Families (IVMF) at Syracuse University to better understand the experiences of racially diverse military families.
For the Racial Equity Initiative, they are recruiting military spouses, veterans, and spouses of veterans to participate in Focus Groups to gain valuable perspectives on the experiences of military families of color (to include multi-racial and Spanish-speaking families). They greatly appreciate your participation in this project to enable better understanding of the unique experiences of all military families, and develop and implement programming to meet the needs of diverse military families.
Sign up here.Being a focus group participant for the Racial Equity Initiative means you will:
- Be part of a one-hour focus group taking place the week of February 22, 2021
- Respond to open-ended questions in a private, small group setting on Zoom with other diverse military family members (If you are selected and unable to participate during the scheduled time, you will be provided the opportunity to share your experience in an interview format.)
- Be given a $50 Amazon gift card as a thanks for participating
- Your participation in this study is voluntary, confidential, and for research purposes only
- You must be 18 years of age or older to participate
- In the event that you are not selected for a focus group, you will be provided other opportunities to engage in this research study; you may indicate your interest during the registration process
Sign up here.
If you have additional questions, please reach out to [email protected].