The office of Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez will host a Wounded Warrior Fellow. The fellowship program will fund a veteran for a two-year period with their team. The position pays $52,000/yr plus benefits, and will be based out of the district offices in Queens and the Bronx. The Wounded Warrior Fellow will join the team as a caseworker and field representative, with responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Manage casework
- Provide constituents with tools and resources to address their concerns
- Manage constituent intake via phone, email, or in person (when safe to do so) to ensure an open line of communication with the community
- Attend community events and meetings on behalf of the office and share notable community updates
- Support monthly town halls
- Liaise with community members and organizations
- Must be a veteran
- Honorably discharged
- Released from active duty within the last five years
- Pay grades at or below E-5 or O-3
- 20% or greater service connected disability rating (Purple Heart recipients are exempt from the service connected disability rating requirement)
- Veterans who are in receipt of a 20-year or Temporary Early Retirement (TERA) retirement are not eligible for the program
NO WAIVERS WILL BE GRANTED.
To apply, visit USAJOBS.
For more information, contact Marcus Bedinger, Caseworker/Field Representative, 718-662-5970 or [email protected].