Sisters in the Brotherhood offers a Pre-Apprentice Program, which can lead to a five-year apprenticeship program with the carpenters union allowing you to earn while you learn. The Sisters are particularly supportive of women, minorities, and veterans who never thought about carpentry as a career.
Register for upcoming information sessions here. Registration will close a week prior to the information session date.
- Searching for a career?
- Enjoy working with your hands and seeing the results?
- Looking for excellent pay and learning new skills?
The Pre-Apprentice Program allows for a trial period to find out if carpentry fits your career path.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school graduate or equivalent recognized by local school authorities. Please bring a copy of your high school transcript, GED and/or college transcripts with you.
- Physically able to perform work (stand, lift, bend).
- Drivers license and reliable transportation to and from job sites and school.
- Willing to submit to and pass a drug test upon acceptance.
- If applicant is a veteran, a copy of DD-214 is required.
For more information or to sign up for a session, contact Nicole Grodner at [email protected] or 631-620-1217.