The Hope For The Warriors Spouse & Caregiver Scholarship Program celebrates and rewards the spouses and caregivers of post-9/11 veterans for their strength, fidelity, and resolve as they take on new and critical roles after experiencing the impact of war on their families.
These scholarships provide aid in continuing education at reputable, accredited universities, colleges or trade schools.
Currently, Hope offers the following scholarships.
- Honorary Scholarship – Awarded to those seeking graduate or post-graduate degree.
- New Beginnings Scholarship – Awarded to those pursuing associates and entry level classes or training.
- Restoring Family Scholarship – Awarded to Spouses of the Fallen.
- Restoring Hope Scholarship – Awarded to a Master of Social Work students.
- Restoring Self Scholarship – Awarded to those seeking a bachelor’s degree.
Eligibility is based on a spouse or caregiver’s ability to show their post-9/11 service member or veteran sustained a combat-related injury and/or has a 100% permanent and total VA disability rating to include Individual Unemployability. The Hope For The Warriors Scholarship Program considers a combat-related injury to be an injury caused by armed conflict, hazardous duty, instrumentality of war, and simulated war.
Scholarship awards are made payable to the recipient’s institution for payment of tuition, books and supplies. The scholarship is for U.S. colleges and universities only.
Learn more and apply here.