Warrior Writers is seeking a permanent Program Director, part-time, 25 hrs/wk, $25/hr.
Warrior Writers is a community of military veterans, service members, artists, allies, and healers dedicated to creativity and wellness. They use writing, painting, photography, and a host of other mediums to reflect on our experiences and express them creatively. Warrior Writers is a national non-profit, based in Philadelphia, with participants and activities across the country.
The Program Director is the key management leader of Warrior Writers. The Program Director is responsible for overseeing the administration and planning of the program. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The Program Director works with our fiscal sponsor to make the best decisions for the health and longevity of Warrior Writers. They are seeking someone who wants to help transform Warrior Writers for the better to support veterans in the discovery of the arts as a tool for change.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- 5+ years in nonprofit and/or arts management
- Outstanding leadership and management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience in the veteran community
- Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Extreme emotional intelligence
- A proven fundraising record
- A strong passion for supporting the wellness of veterans, and for the role the arts play
- Excellent “people skills,” enjoy talking to people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, and making everyone feel appreciated and welcome
- A collaborative approach to management
To apply, email the following as a single PDF to [email protected]:
- Your resume
- A cover letter detailing your interest in the position, relevant experience and accomplishments, and why you would be a good fit for Warrior Writers
- Two references
See additional information about the position here.