Transfer Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits to a Spouse or Dependent Child

Active-duty service members can transfer unused Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to their spouse or dependent children, including a ward or foster child. Once the transfer is approved, dependents can apply for the benefits through VA. Find out if you are eligible to transfer your GI Bill entitlement.