Boots on the Ground NY holds a Food Pantry Collection Day on November 16, 10am-4pm.
Donations that are welcome include:
• Food for the veteran food pantry – canned, boxed foods, and frozen (store gift cards always appreciated)
• Gift cards to retail stores
• Cold weather jackets, gloves, knit caps
• Care package supplies – snacks, toiletries, batteries, jerky, hard candy, sunflower seeds, protein snacks and drinks, chicken and tuna packets/cans, letters from home, lotions, moisturizers, feminine products, games
• Tools, safety gear, new work boots for the Trades for Troops program (gift cards for Home Depot, Lowes, Hobby Freight, etc)
• Toys in store packaging (gift cards to toy type stores)
• Clothing – Men’s new socks, underwear, sweats, etc. (if used, have clean clothes folded, in bags marked with sizes)
• Boots on the Ground NY supports veterans shelters and inpatient programs, as well as local homeless veterans transitioning into housing so your donations will go far to helping a veteran through a struggle in his/her life.
2184 Pond Rd
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
Google map and directions