VA hosts a public virtual listening session on March 29, 1:30-3pm (EST), to hear from veterans on how to design a health care system of the future and grow services for veterans in a way that reinforces VA’s role as a leader in the U.S. health care system.
This session is for VA New Jersey HCS (East Orange VAMC and Lyons VAMC), New York Harbor HCS (Brooklyn VAMC, Manhattan VAMC and St. Albans VAMC), Bronx VAMC, Northport VAMC and VISN 2.
They look forward to robust engagement and to hearing the voices and insights of veterans on the following topics:
- How veterans want care to be delivered in the future
- Perception of the quality of health care at VA and VA’s community network
- Experience with the ability to get care at VA and within VA’s community network
- Satisfaction with the condition and location of VA’s facilities
- VA’s role in research, education, and emergency preparedness
These listening sessions represent an exciting opportunity for veterans to help VA reimagine how VA delivers care in an equitable, high quality, veteran-centered manner and develop a plan for investing in VA’s aging infrastructure. The feedback will be used to develop the recommendations VA submits to the Asset and Infrastructure Review (AIR) Commission in January 2022. The AIR Commission will also conduct public hearings as part of their review of VA’s recommendations before submitting its recommendations to the President and Congress for review and approval in 2023.
Or join by phone: 404-397-1596 with Access Code: 199 799 7023