Help NYC's homeless population with the NYC Veterans Alliance!
We are assembling a team of NYC Veterans Alliance members, volunteers, and friends to help NYC's Department of Homeless Services (DHS) gets a full survey of a Bushwick neighborhood during this year's citywide Homeless Outreach Population Estimate (HOPE) count. Veterans of all eras and civilians are invited to join us for a night of service and camaraderie.
Each year the Department of Homeless Services (DHS) conducts their Homeless Outreach Population Estimate (HOPE) count as part of an ongoing effort to address the chronic street homeless population. This initiative, along with the daily street outreach efforts, are aimed at helping some of our most vulnerable New Yorkers in need. The goal is to combat street homelessness across all five boroughs, one person at a time. This is a unique opportunity to volunteer and participate in an extraordinary citywide effort, and be part of the NYC Veterans Alliance effort to make sure the area designated around PS 257 has the full amount of volunteers needed for mission success.
- There have been some issues with everyone signing up; the solution DHS has for us is to just provide them with our list of names with email addresses and phone numbers (regardless of any other location anyone might've signed up for) for who will be present with Team NYC Veterans Alliance in Bushwick.
- Friends, family, veterans, civilians are all welcome to be on our team.
- Commissioner Sutton will be on-site to say a few words before we hit the streets.
- The count is from 10 PM to 4 AM. We may be finished much earlier than this, but please make arrangements to attend the full duration.
- Wear your Alliance t-shirt--plus warm layers, hat, and gloves to keep you comfortable for a few hours outside.
- We will meet at 9 PM at the IHOP located at 785 Flushing Ave for coffee & sustainment before the count.
- Please RSVP here and/or email [email protected] to let us know you'll be there!
60 Cook St
Brooklyn , NY 11206
Google map and directions