The Mission Continues volunteers at the Opportunity Summit on February 27, 7am-4pm. The plan is to provide young men ages 16-29 with the chance to interview with employers for on-the-spot hiring, access community resources and social services, and participate in career preparation and leadership development training. Our help is needed to ensure that this event goes well. Volunteer Shifts are all day or a half-day shift (7am -11:30am or 11:30am – 4pm). Meals and breaks will be provided. Register here.
My Brother's Keeper Newark leads initiatives to ensure boys and young men of color
- Enter school ready to learn;
- Reading at Grade Level by 3rd grade;
- Graduate from high school ready for college and career;
- Complete post-secondary education and training;
- Successfully enter the workforce;
- Reduce violence and provide a second chance.
165 Mulberry St
Newark, NJ 07102
Google map and directions